Mysti Mayhem on SellaBand
Google
 
Web Harry on Things

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Where is your Peak in How to be an Ace Athlete?

Peak Performance Secrets Every Aspiring Athlete Should Know)

by Pena Gaharu

The questions in your mind will rob you of the answers that follow behind if you do not search deep within you. Peak performance is based on mind, rather than body. In other words, athletics put in their mind, a goal that leads or drives them to achieve their mission. Therefore, you must ask you, what is your goal? What is your determination? How do the two work, hand in hand? Do you know?

I am a firm believer in making someone think before making him or her act: let’s think and then act:

Determination: I have strength of mind to do what I want to do. I have the willpower to stand up for what I believe in and I will not fall, no matter who knocks me down. I have resolves, since I search my mind to find answers, drawing from my experiences, knowledge, intelligence, and the like, I will not fall. I have fortitude, since my purpose is to move ahead while working to better myself. I am not weak. I am strong and I will not fall.

Look at the definition and draw from it. Fortitude, first of all is strength that we draw from the mind, thus it is the staying power. Fortitude then is staying power. Hello! Definition is the strength, courage, and guts to do what you want to do. Definition brings you stamina, which works toward endurance.

If you want to be an athlete or ace in athlete, you have to train the mind to work in harmony with the body. If you fail to bring the two together, I have mercy on you. The biggest problem with people today, which includes famous sport stars, is that they fail to connect the mind with the body. They think, “Oh, I have determination,” but they fail to understand what determination means to them.

Determination means to make up your mind as to what you want to do. Determination is the process of deciding what you want to do, while coming to a closure and work steadfastly to achieve your mission. You have power.

You can sit on a weight bench all-day and think about peak performance, but until you get in your mind you are going to achieve a goal, you will never make a step to achieve the goal you have in mind. In other words, if you do not put in your mind that you want to be an ace athlete first to reach your peak performance, you will not have a start. Still, once you put in your mind that you want to be an ace athlete, you must plant plans in your mind.

Plans fall back on goals, since plans draw a diagram in your mind, thus mapping out the preparations you will take to achieve the goal. Plans give proposals that prove you an arrangement of the mind, which leads to a meaning. If you do not have a meaning, what’s the purpose? As you sketch in your mind what you want to do, you will draw on the goal, thus making it happen.

If you missed the point, what I am saying is that you have to establish a goal, plan, and work to achieve the goal while working through your plans. The life of an athlete is based on the mind. While many will tell you their failures are based on their performance, the fact is, it is a state of mind that makes them peak, or creep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home